Looking for a great way to support your community? Consider volunteering and becoming a Friend of the West Fargo Public Library! We have a number of ways to get involved, from serving as a guest reader for the Little Red Reading Bus to helping straighten books on our shelves (and everything in between!) Already interested? Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form or read on for more information. We can't wait to work with you!
Who are the Friends?
Each volunteer at the West Fargo Public Library is automatically a member of the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library, which is a non-profit organization that supports the library. Every minute spent volunteering and every dollar raised by this group supports thousands of people in West Fargo through the West Fargo Public Library's hundreds of services and programs.
Examples of programs and services supported by the Friends:
- the West Fargo Public Library's Summer Boost program
- the metro's One Book, One Community program
- the library's mobile library program, the Little Red Reading Bus of West Fargo
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- serving as an officer of the Friends of the Library and/or attending meetings to help make decisions
- helping at events, fundraisers and book sales
- assisting with library programs by serving as an adult technology coach or helping put together craft, activity or resource kits
- assisting with youth and senior outreach efforts
- helping organize donated items and/or assisting with shelving, organizing items in the library
Besides donating your time and energy through membership, The Friends of the West Fargo Public Library group accepts monetary donations and donations of physical materials that are in good working order. Items donated are sold during book sales and fundraisers. Please consider donating your gently used books, DVDs and CDs.
Monetary contributions to the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library can be made through our Giving Hearts Day page. This year, contributions to the Friends through this platform will be used to support the Little Red Reading Bus specifically.
For inquiries regarding monetary or physical item donations, use our Donation Inquiry Form.
Community Cookie Cookbook
Submit your favorite cookie recipe to be included in the first ever Community Cookie Cookbook which will be printed in winter 2021.
Children's Corner Updates Project
The Children's Corner is one of the most well-used areas in the library, but some of the equipment is outdated and in need of replacement. Check out this project information flyer to learn more about the upgrades and how you can help.