- Departments G - Z
- Special Assessments
- Special Assessment Projects
Special Assessment Projects
Upcoming Special Assessment Improvement Districts
Reconstruction and Urbanization of 9th Street NE
Street Improvement District No. 2265
Project: This project consists of the reconstruction and urbanization of 9th Street NE between Main Avenue E. and 12th Avenue E. Anticipated improvements include a three-lane section with center turn lanes, pedestrian facilities, lighting, railroad crossing upgrades, stormwater/drainage, and other City utility modifications.
Prior to construction, the project will have three phases of preparation.
- Project scoping
- Preliminary engineering and environmental clearance
- Final design
This project is tentatively scheduled to be bid on Nov. 8, 2024, and constructed in 2025.
The project is included in the City's Capital Improvement Plan with a rough cost estimate of $10.5 million. Funding sources will include a North Dakota Department of Transportation Urban Roads Program grant of $7.52 million, capital improvement sales tax and special assessments.
7th Avenue NW & 5th Street Court NW
Street Improvement District No. 2271
Project: Pave 7th Avenue NW and 5th Street Court NW to current standards. The existing gravel roadway is proposed to be reconstructed to a concrete surface with necessary storm sewer and utility adjustments to support traffic to this area, including new development in the Stockyards Addition. This project includes new concrete paving, street lighting, and storm sewer.
Estimate of probable cost: $3,550,000
Traffic Signal at 9th Street W. and 32nd Avenue W.
Street Improvement District No. 2270
Project: Install a 4-way traffic signal at the intersection to improve traffic flow along both corridors. The project will also add flashing yellow arrows for the east-west traffic to help with turning traffic during off-peak traffic.
Estimate of probable cost (Nov. 21, 2022): $860,000
The Wilds 21st Addition
Sewer, Water, Storm and Street Improvement District No. 1337
Project: Three separate projects contained within and adjacent to the proposed Wilds 21st Addition install utilities, paving and grading improvements as petitioned by Westport Investments, LLC.
- District No. 1337 Amended Preconstruction Engineers Report
- District No. 1337 Preconstruction Boundary Map
- District No. 1337 Preconstruction Engineers Report
- District No. 1337 Preliminary Preconstruction Assessment Allocation Map
- District No. 1337 Preliminary Preconstruction Benefit Methodology
- District No. 1337 Preliminary Preconstruction Benefit Methodology Map
The Stockyards Redevelopment (East of 9th Street NW)
Water, Sewer and Streets District No. 1339
Project: This multi-phase project requested by GS5, LLC., will redevelop the former cattle stockyards east of 9th Street NW into heavy industrial usage. The original plan involved public right-of-way dedication for street systems and City maintained underground utilities. The revised scope includes public improvements to extend utility infrastructure to the property and wetland permitting and mitigation.
West Fargo Sidewalk Installations
Sidewalk Improvement District No. 6056
Project: The project consists of sidewalks, multi-use paths and other associated items throughout the City. The locations of work are based on inventory collected in the field by City staff and consist of filling in missing gaps of sidewalks in developed areas and well as some rehabilitation work of deteriorated sidewalks and/or bike paths.
- Final Approval of Assessment - Oct. 17, 2022
- Award Contract - May 17, 2021
- Award Contract - April 19, 2021
- Approve Plans and Specifications; Authorize Ad for Bids - March 15, 2021
- Approve Task Order - March 1, 2021
- Approve Engineers Report; Authorize Notice of Order to Construct Sidewalks - Aug. 3, 2020
37th Avenue E. and Veterans Boulevard Traffic Signal
Street Improvement District No. 2264
Project: Install a full traffic signal system adjacent to Sheyenne High School at the intersection of Veterans Boulevard and 37th Avenue E. Improvements will consistent of a 4-way traffic signal system, connection into existing fiber and roadway networks and surface reconstruction to reconfigure crosswalks and the geometry of the left turn lanes of Veterans Boulevard to ensure safe and adequate operations of the new signal system.
Estimate of probable cost (March 21, 2022): $776,190.88
Past Special Assessment Projects
To find a property's special assessment allocation for a specific project, please visit the Property Info tool and search for your address. A chart of certified and pending special assessments is available at the bottom of each property's web page. You may have to scroll multiple times on your property's web page to reach this information.
- Certified special assessments are projects that have completed construction and the special assessment confirmation process. These assessments are currently payable.
- Pending special assessments are estimates for projects that have not both completed construction and been confirmed. These assessments are not currently payable.
Information and agendas for the special assessment districts that were certified in 2022 are also available in the Archive Center.